Tuesday, March 08, 2005

What's in a dream?

I'm off work today. Got a cold, had it the last couple of days, so thought I'd take my hubby's advice and rest up today. Mostly I'm just really tired. We had about 12 hours in bed last night, but both of us woke up heaps during the night. Nevertheless, I always feel guilty when I call in sick to work. I could be physically incapable of moving, and I would still feel bad about not going in to work. And it is not even as if I like the work, or that my absence will affect anyone really.

And is it just me, or do you get weirder than normal dreams when you are not well.
The last couple of nights, I have had many weird dreams, usually with an undercurrent of fear or panic.
Last night's dreams:

Dream 1:
Somehow, hubby and I had forgotten that we'd already got a driveway (nice brick paved). So we got out our landscaper and got him to concrete another one in, but for some reason we had to choose between two colours. The weird part? The two colours were the colours of the two skins Daffy has for her blog! (Hmm... maybe been reading blogs a bit too often lately??) Now the sensible colour would have been the brownish one, but no, we had to go with bright blue. So there I am, standing upstairs, looking down at our bright blue driveway, feeling terrible. Then it gets worse. The landscaper has not only done this to the front yard, he has gone to the back and made it all one big deck, no gardens whatsoever. And it is blue also (I do love the colour blue, but have no tendency to landscape in it!). We also now have two bbqs, one, our old one that we junked just before we moved,is over near the pool, and the other one, the new one we have, is near the house to protect it from the weather. Oh, and our backyard is about 3 times bigger than it used to be, and the house looks really far away.
Wake up from that one.. "What the hell?"

Dream 2:
We are going to some new units nearby (these don't actually exist by the way), to visit my brother and SiL). However, whichever lift we go into, instantly goes into freefall, and we go flying to the bottom of the building, not knowing if it is going to crash and kill us or what. It turns out that we don't, it just hits the bottom quite hard. The dream then reloads, and back we go into the lift.

Dream 3:
This leads on from Dream 2, in that we are now in my brother and SiL's flat (a place that doesn't remotely resemble their actual flat). I go to look at my nephew (he is now a week old), but the baby in the bassinette looks nothing like him. He is about three times the size, and is covered in brown fur. My brother and SiL are so proud.

Dream 4:
Last dream of the night, hubby and I have a big fight. I can't remember the details, all I can remember is that I get angry really quickly, and unreasonably, and that it is not his fault.

Whew, no wonder I'm tired. I'm going to have a lie down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I always have blog dreams when I'm feeling less than well... huh.

Here's hoping that you feel better soon and get some good rest.
:)

3:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The two colours were the colours of the two skins Daffy has for her blog!"
Yes, I forgot to mention my next venture is to start up a driveway and landscaping firm. What's WRONG with a blue driveway?

Seriously - hope you feel better soon :)

4:16 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I am back at work today, feeling a bit better. Unfortunately my cold seems to have morphed into allergies, so while I am not as blocked up or tired, I am now itchy as hell!

And Daffy, umm.. sure, there's nothing wrong with a blue driveway... I'm sure it would go lovely with our reddish/brown house. It would certainly be something different :)

8:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home