Friday, November 05, 2004

Recipe of the Week

So, each week I will be posting one of my recipes, as this is one of my main hobbies, and well, I like to share!
This week's is a salad which is very good with BBQ's, but goes well with many things. I like it 'cause it is a bit different from normal salads in that it doesn't have any lettuce leaves in it, and is a bit spicy. It also contains my very favourite ingredient, garlic. Can not get enough garlic.. yummm. We work in grams here, but the ounces conversions are in brackets. In any case you don't have to be exact with it. So without further ado, here it is:

Snow Pea Salad with Hot Chilli Dressing (or as my hubby calls it, "The spicy crunchy salad")

Serves 4

2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Olive Oil
200 grams (7.1 ounces) snow peas
125 grams (4.4 ounces) button mushrooms
1 red capsicum
4 shallots
2 cups snow pea shoots
1/2 small red chilli, finely chopped (I must admit that normally I put a whole one in, but it depends how hot you like it.
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
12 drops Sugarine liquid (or any artificial sweetener)
1 Tsp sherry
1/4 cup water

Trim snow peas. Slice mushrooms, capsicum and shallots and place in a large salad bowl with snow peas and pea shoots.

Dressing: heat oil in a saucepan. Add chilli, garlic, and seeds and fry for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add all remaining ingredients, and mix well.

Immediately spoon dressing over the salad ingredients and serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home