Friday, June 16, 2006

Are those crop circles??

So it turns out I hurt my back doing yoga last week. It didn't hurt during the class, but the next day I found it twinged when I twisted or bent over. I didn't think much of it, figured I'd just worked the muscles hard. A week and a half later though, it has not improved. At all. Now, we aren't talking massive pain here, but still, no improvement I thought warranted getting checked out.

So yesterday I decided to go to the physio. My normal physio, who looked after my knee, had the temerity to get married and move away. I mean, really, priorities people!! And the guy who has replaced him was booked up until next week sometime. So I decided to try the physio place that Mum has used in the past. And I have to say, not impressed. My old physio would explain what he was doing and why, and what was wrong etc. This lady, I practically had to pump her for information, and even then I didn't really understand what she was talking about. I had to have a heat pack on for ten minutes before she could start working on me as my muscles were "standing up on edge", something I figured was not a good thing. I figure she meant the muscles around my spine were knotted up or something to protect my back ... I don't know.

Anyway, she then proceeded to work on my back. My goodness, I had forgotten how much physio can hurt! It felt like my spine was going to be broken in two, ouchies. And at the end, she put these suction cup thingys on my back to induce pins and needles, which apparently can provide pain relief. Did not work, my back is now heaps sorer than before I went.

Oh, and as an extra benefit, I have four bright red circles on my back from where the suction cups went. I swear they look like crop circles. So, if anyone needs a map showing a way to some aliens, let me know and I'll take a picture for you! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home