Monday, June 26, 2006

Had the day off work sick today. Started feeling unwell yesterday, basically a head cold, sore throat, blocked up, sneezing, light headed, the works. Fun!

Spent the day in a state of lethargy, not super sick, but just not well. Read for a bit, attempted to do some work remotely, gave that up as a lost cause. Played a bit of World of Warcraft, but even for that found it hard to summon up enthusiasm.

Went downstairs and watched 9/11, the documentary by the French brothers Gédéon and Jules Naudet. We've had the DVD for a while, but this is only the 2nd time I've watched it. I remember the first time I saw it, I was just shocked and horrified, especially by the sounds of the bodies hitting the ground. And I was shocked and horrified again this time around, but not to the same extent. I think that was because I knew that the fireman that we'd been following with the brothers, the ones from the firehouse, I knew would be ok.

Hard to comprehend that such evil exists in the world, I can not in any way see how someone could ever think that was a good thing to do, to fly a plane into a building.

And I wonder, is it just a matter of time before something like that happens here in Sydney? We prepare as best we can, but I guess that you can't guard against everything, that sometimes evil gets through.

But there is also love and light in the world. As I type, my husband is driving home from work. We will have dinner, drink some wine, and be together. Our own little team. Team Cole, win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home