Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Silly people, allegedly

So nine Australians have been detained in Bali, accused of attempting to smuggle heroin out to Australia. If convicted, they could face the firing squad.

The alleged "mastermind" apparently said the following:

"What ever happened to Schapelle Corby happened to me. They are convicting me of something I didn't do"

Hmm ... couple of differences between him and Schapelle. For those of you not up on the case Schapelle has been in jail in Bali since about last October I think, on trial for bringing marijuana into Bali. She claims (and it appears from the evidence I've heard to be true), that the drugs were planted in one of her bags. She also could face the firing squad if convicted, although it is now thought the prosecutors will ask for life in prison.

The heroin mastermind *cough* allegedly had the heroin strapped to his leg. I would think it would be a bit difficult to miss someone trying to plant drugs on you by sticky taping them to your body!

You'd have to be out of your mind to try drug smuggling in Indonesia. Although I feel bad that they might die, I'm just shaking my head that they tried it in the first place. (BTW, the claims are just alleged at the moment, so innocent until proven guilty and all that. Just shaking my head if they did actually do it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home