Monday, April 11, 2005

Skype

My brother and I chat a fair bit on msn, especially since his baby boy arrived. It's good, 'cause I never know when to phone them, I don't want to wake anyone up.

Yesterday my bro told me about skype, which you can use to actually call each other over the internet. Very cool, indeed!

It's free software, and you can use it to call people all over the world! For free! (I'm a fan of things being free .. hehe)

We just tried it out, and it was pretty damn cool hearing my brother's voice coming out of my speakers. It was very good quality, no delay or anything. (Although I've heard if you are talking to people overseas sometime there can be a little delay.)

Which gave me an idea. *bing*

Perhaps we could have a bloggers conference call, that would be something! If any of you regulars would like to give it a go, leave me a comment or drop me an email (amanda(at)gmail(dot)com), and we'll see what we can organise. And if you don't wanna do a conference thing, and just want to chat one on one, that's cool too!
I'd love to hear those wacky American accents (and I'm always partial to an Aussie accent!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

guess I'm gonna have to get a new microphone.... sounds like fun :)

6:20 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Excellent! Let me know when you are set up and ready to go.

7:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home