Thursday, November 11, 2004

Remembrance Day

They shall grow not old

as we that are left grow old

Age shall not weary them

nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun

and in the morning

we will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET


Today is Remembrance Day. A day to remember all those who fought and died in war. At 11am today I will pause, along with those around me, for a minute of silence. We will remember that this day in 1918 the first World War ended after four years of fighting. Australia lost over 60000 people in this war, the war that was supposed to be "the war that ended all wars".
I deeply appreciate the sacrifice that these people made, Remembrance Day has always been important to me. I am sad, thinking of all the waste, but proud of our soldiers. I also spare a thought to consider all the families that were affected, not many were left untouched.
So please everyone, please observe the minutes silence, and remember them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home