Wednesday, January 19, 2005

In the Wars

Just call me limpy, I am a woman with a twisted ankle!
Last night had training for touch footy, we are getting together a mixed team for the new comp. None of us are all that good, but we try hard. It is more a chance to have some fun and get some exercise. Believe me, touch footy will give you exercise!

Anyways, we were 2/3 of the way through training last night, and I zigged a little hard on my right foot, trying to step around the defence. My ankle twisted and down I went in a boneless heap. At first it absolutely killed, but I was able to limp off to the sideline, no more training for me :(

Got home, had shower, spent the next hour on the lounge with an ice pack on my ankle. Not much in the way of swelling, so not a bad sprain or anything thank goodness. Woke this morning to a stiff and sore ankle, no going for a run for me today :(

Ah well, these things happen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Sorry to hear about your sprain. Stay off of it as much as you can and put it up with more ice. I mean, hey, how many times do you get a legitimate excuse to sit around and put your feet up :)

12:19 am  
Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Amanda, I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for posting on my site. The chili recipe is up. Let me know how it turns out. Also, you won a door prize on blog mechanics/bob, it was on their main page this morning. Congrats!

1:01 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks for the good wishes guys, appreciate it. :)

Unfortunately it was not me that won the bob award, but Aussie Mama. I'll keep plugging away at this writing caper, and maybe one day I'll be in the running to win.

6:08 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

It's more like a half hearted limp of joy now, not quite the same effect.

1:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! Your hubby didn't tell me you twisted your ankle! It's great to read your blog! Hope the ankle gets better - I think hubby should give you the Cleopatra treatment - your feet up, him feeding you peeled grapes while fanning you...

A

1:07 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hiya A.. I think you might be onto something there, I could do with a bit of spoiling :)
Glad you are enjoying the blog, you'll see that I put a recipe up each Thursday/Friday which you might find interesting.
Thanks for the yummy cake on the weekend, good to see you and S, and E (this is of course assuming I've guessed rightly who you are!)

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home