Friday, January 28, 2005

TGIF

TGIF - Thank God/Goodness (depending on your religiousness or not) It's Friday!

I was only at work three days this week, but it still felt like a long week.
Monday I was sick, so no fun there. This left me behind the eight ball tiredness wise, couple that with Australia Day off, and I never really hit my stride workwise this week. So Hooray, Friday it is!

Nothing much happened today, woke feeling tired and hot, as we are going through a real humid period of weather at the moment. Got to work five minutes late, which in a normal world isn't much, but in the call centre environment is evil. *sigh*
They were having cake at work for anyone who'd had their birthday in the last two months, but I passed as I had guiltily given in and had a pack of potato chips for morning tea. Also to assuage said guilt I went for a run/fast walk at lunchtime, still very humid, icky. Had my lunch at my desk when I got back, leftover rice salad from Wednesday (note to self: rice goes to hard, crunchy consistency after two days in fridge, nice to know).

And now I am home, and can relax.

Don't have a huge amount planned for the weekend.
Tonight will relax at home with hubby, pasta for dinner, then lounging time.

Tomorrow morning we are seriously considering buying a new lounge that we have been looking at for the past couple of weeks, as the January sales fittingly enough finish at the end of January.

After that, grab something for lunch, then over to my sister in law's for the afternoon. My brother is off to a concert, and seeing as sister in law is due to give birth in 6 weeks or so, she didn't really feel like standing up for hours on end. Instead hubby and I are going over to keep her company, probably get a DVD out to watch.

Apart from that, the weekend is our oyster (or any other mollusc of your preference). Actually I'm not a fan of oysters, but anyway, the rest of the weekend is ours to do with as we choose.
I have uni work to do, so hope to get some of that done, plus I bought some vege seeds to plant out in my new vege garden. Bought carrots and spring onions to start with, will be fun to see how they go.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. :)
Be good to each other, and give a hug to someone you love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. We're just sitting around and trying to enjoy the ice that keeps falling from the sky :)

4:28 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi guys, thanks for the good weekend wishes. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Brian, nice suggestion, I've now done a review for today!

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home