Friday, March 25, 2005

Relaxy day

Today has been a very relaxy sort of day (yes, I know relaxy is not really a word). For the first time in a very long time, Brian and I got to sleep in past 9 o'clock. Well, not strictly true. I got up about 8 to check my emails, but then I went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours. For me, that is sheer luxury.

During the working week I am normally the first up, and make sure I put the kettle on to make us a cup of tea. On the weekend, Brian is normally the one to make the tea, which I very much love him for. After tea, Brian then cooked us brunch on the barbie, consisting of bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast, very yummy indeed.

The rest of the day has been spent in pure relaxation, consisting of Brian playing Starcraft, while I put our footy tips in (no, I didn't choose his tips, just put in what he wanted), followed by lolling about on the lounge, chatting, having a few drinks, reading, and generally marvelling at how funny our dogs are. Benny, for instance is channeling the spirit of a cat, and has taken to lying along the windowsill in the sun on top of our lounge.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Billy, our other dog, has been snoring, and twitching ... "you chase those rabbits buddy!"
Tonight, we may order in pizza, or cook toasted sandwiches, nothing too swish. Then, I predict we will watch a DVD, I'm leaning towards 'While You Were Sleeping'.

Just a perfect day really.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg Finnegan said...

What a great day! Your line, "... channeling the spirit of a cat" is outrageously clever! Your choice of DVD's is one of my favorites, because I like all things Sandra. Please tell me, what are "footy tips"?

-Greg

3:42 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Greg,

We've got a sport here called Rugby League which is also known as football, or footy. Brian and I are in a tipping competition, each week we tip who we think are going to win the games.

8:58 am  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Sounds like us. We must have been channeling you today. Today is DH's first day of spring break and a holiday at the lab so we just crashed all morning and then went out and got some gas for the car and came home to do more lazing around. TV for him, blogging for me. I suspect that there is pizza in my future as well :) Tonight is the big game, so it's likely :)

10:02 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Heya caltechgirl,
Yep, we ended up getting pizza in, and watched a bit of Finding Nemo. All in all a great day.
Glad you guys had a relaxy day too, hope the big game went the way you wanted it to :)

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home