Friday, May 27, 2005

Hi everybody

Hello there, it's me. Yes, I know I've been horribly neglectful of you all, being a bit over a month since my last post.

I'm ok. The last month has been a bit of a rollercoaster, but I can see the end of the ride coming.

As I wrote before, work decided that our team was being made redundant. Having to find another job certainly took me out of my comfort zone, I can tell you. Even though it was all for the best (I hate working on the helpdesk, it really really sucks), it is hard to make a move from something that you feel safe in, where you know all the people, you know how to do your job etc. I won't miss the job, but I will certainly miss the fine people I work with. All of them are great, except for annoying git, that is.

But good news, I have a new job. Still for the same company (which shall not be named, being well known globally), but in a different department. I've gone from being a Helpdesk Consultant to ... drum roll please ... Service Delivery Coordinator. Sounds impressive right? What sort of job is it? Umm.. well I'll coordinate ... delivering service I'm guessing. :) Basically following up with vendors and clients, making sure we're meeting our service agreements, getting the job done on time for various things.

So, I finish up on the Helpdesk end of next week, and start my new job on the following Monday.

In other news, I have signed up for another unit for Open University. I have decided to commence a Bachelor of Arts (Internet Design), subject one starts next week. Open University means basically that I study at home, it's all done online. Which is pretty cool.

So busy times peoples. But I promise, I'll try to post regularly again. It's nice to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home