Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Free at last!

I'm FREEEEEeeeee, dance of joy, dance of joy!

What's with all this unbridled happiness, you ask?
Well, let me tell you.

Imagine a person whose every action irritated you. Right down to their laugh (little bullet laughter.. heh.heh.heh.). A person who when they double click, they lift the mouse off the mouse pad. A person who feels the need to be condescending and insulting.
Now imagine having to spend three days in a row with this person, and I mean the.whole.day (except for lunch). Imagine that this person was sitting at your desk, sharing your desk space which is small to begin with, and they are big to begin with.

This has been my life for the past three days.
We have a new person on the helpdesk, he started a week and a half ago. Up until three days ago, I had seen him with another trainer on the desk, and thought, wow, nerdy looking guy, but then didn't give it another thought. Until said trainer went on holidays, and I got lumped with him.
Oh.my.god.
This guy has been on the helpdesk for such a short time, but already he thinks it is the height of hilarity to look down on the clients and make disparaging comments about them when they are off the phone (hey, normally it takes a couple of months to get to that level of cynicism!)
Two days into sitting with me, he starts putting the boot into the other trainer.
Him: "Don't tell anyone this.."
Me: mental note to self, this will be good to tell everyone else..
Him: "John* is a nice guy, but he is not much of a trainer"
Me: "Really, in what way?"
Him: "Well put it this way.." (at this point I can almost see the drips of condescension coming off him).."in the past two days I have learnt more with you than I did with him in an entire week"

*John is probably one of the best consultants on our team, is a great team member, and trainer

Now, if you were a new person on a team, do you really think it would be the best start to slam other team members??
By the end of the second day, I had hit the wall. By the third, I had lost most of my fingernails trying to climb over it.
But, blessed day today, John is back and annoying git has gone back of his own accord to him.

*blessed sigh of relief*

2 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Yay! Here's hoping you won't have to work with him again!

1:24 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

I was thinking annoying git would be a good name!

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home