Monday, February 07, 2005

What's in a name?

I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog.
I've had quite a few comments from people I know that say Aussie Wife reminds them of people actively seeking an arranged marriage type thing, or something on the kinky side. I googled Aussie Wife and the top entry was a story about a guy looking to get an Aussie wife. Another entry was to do with WorldWideWives Voyeur & Swingers!

I've never been hugely happy with the title anyway, but it is difficult to know what to change it to.
It would be nice to keep an Australian theme going, but frankly, Amanda Down Under just sounds rude, and I can just imagine what results Google would come up with. Also, I'm figuring Xena, Warrior Princess would be taken (ok, technically, she is a kiwi, the actor Lucy Lawless that is, but hey, close enough).
And yes, I do like fantasy novels, but anything related to that is going a bit too close to the whole role playing arena, and I am definitely not into that!

So, it's poll time. Here are a few suggestions, let me know what you think

1. The Amanda Story
2. The Amanda Chronicles
3. Books, BBQs and blather
4. Suburban Sydney Stories

Geez, these all sound lame. It's going to take a bit more thinking....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just a dumb Yank but how about these suggestion:

Amanda the Aussie
Greetings from Oz
G'day from Amanda

None seem to be taken.

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home