Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Best picture

Watched Crash on DVD last night after hearing that it got the Best Picture Oscar. And I have to say I really liked it, I thought it was a very good movie. It was good to see people like Sandra Bullock and Brendan Fraser and Ryan Phillipe in edgier roles than they normally are. Very different role for Brendan in particular I thought, bit different to George in the Jungle! I found the different stories very interesting and I was so happy to see a good movie, as there seems to be so much crap around. Good movies seem to be the exception these days.

The only other nominee I have seen is Brokeback Mountain, which quite frankly, I thought was boring.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I just don't get it. But seriously, what do people see in that movie? I kept waiting for something to happen, and it just seemed to meander along with no real purpose. Usually I quite like Heath Ledger, but in more actiony, comedic roles, like in A Knight's Tale and Ten things. But in this one, I thought his acting was very wooden, and half the time I found it hard to understand what he was saying as he barely opened his mouth! I thought Jake Gyllenhaal did better, but still I found it hard to care what happened to his character, or any of the characters for that matter. I do admit it had good scenery shots, as is usual with Ang Lee, but the story was a disappointment.

So please people, if you liked it, let me know what you liked about it. I'm curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home