Monday, March 13, 2006

The Biggest Loser

Over the last couple of weeks I've found that I've been hooked on watching "The Biggest Loser". I thought it would be lame, watching fat people being tormented. But, it's not like that at all. I mean, yes they do have temptations, but mostly the contestants are not tempted (the smart ones anyway).

And I have to say the personal trainers are very cool. Jillian is an absolute classic, she doesn't take crap from anyone! She basically told her team she would kill anyone who did a temptation and they fully believe her! Definitely a lady you want to keep on the good side of. Bob is cool too, but I get the feeling he is more competitive than Jillian, he really wants his team to win.

The only sad thing I think is that people get voted off. And so far it seems to be people that really needed to stay there (well, except for Jo, she wasn't super huge). It would be a better contest if they all got to stay and the winner was the person who lost the largest percentage of fat.

Some of the lines in it are pretty cheesy, like when it is time to evict someone and AJ says "Ok, it's time to cut the fat". Cracks me up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you're behind us on this show or not. But I watched it last year and loved it. The folks who get voted off keep working out at home and they COME BACK on the last show to see how their progressed continued.

So it is still a positive. I loved that show!

10:00 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

We're probably behind on the American series of this, but this was our first series, all Aussies, except for Bob and Jillian the trainers.

I also absolutely loved the show, I hope they bring back Bob and Jillian for the next series, they were cool, even if Jillian was a little scary! :)

Same format for us, everyone kept working out from home, some of them lost amazing amounts of weight, like 66 kilos (145.5 pounds)!!

8:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home