Friday, February 25, 2005

Narnia

Hubby sent me a link today to a trailer for the Chronicles of Narnia.** Looks like it is going to be absolutely awesome!
I loved C.S Lewis' books growing up, read all the Chronicles. Finally got the lot in a boxed set a few years ago, still fun to read.

Looks like the Narnia movie folks have watched LOTR a few times from the little bits they show. It certainly appears a whole bunch of money has been poured into the project, we will definitely see it when it comes out.
Glad to see that British actors are playing the roles, hard to imagine American accents saying "You are such a brick, Eustace" hehehe
Hopefully they will make movies of all the books, although that would take a hell of a long time, there are about 8 books I think. Mostly I want to see how they do Puddleglum, he was a classic in the books. Also Reepicheep, I reckon he would be hard to do well.
And for those of you who don't know what I am talking about, go read the books... NOW!

** it takes a while to download, but it is worth it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the movie, loved the books

3:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also looking forward to it.

I could see them not doing "Horse and His Boy" or "Magician's Nephew," since those diverge somewhat from the regular cast of characters. I love "Last Battle," but it could be too religious for studio execs to want to do it.


Hows the weather in Australia this time of year? I have been thinking more and more of moving down there, but I dont have a good reason to yet. And I wouldnt know how to go about doing such a thing (transporting furniture down there, buying an apartment, finding a job).

heh :) perhaps some day.

3:18 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

I agree they may not be going to do "Magician's nephew", I think if they were going to, they would have done it first as it is the first book of the series.
I don't think "Last Battle" would be tooo religious for the studio execs, they haven't really shied away from it in the past. Although it has been quite some time since "The ten commandments"! ;)

The weather here at the moment is quite humid, we've had quite a few storms lately. But it is still reasonably warm, as I sit here it is 27 deg C (80.6F).

And really, if you want a good reason to move here Andy, there are loads! Although I am probably a bit biased, I tend to think of Australia as the best country in the world :)
Great beaches, nice cities, not huge amounts of crime.
It would be a lot of hassle moving though, it was annoying enough moving 20 minutes away last September, let alone going halfway across the world!

12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home