Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Touch Footy

Well, it's Tuesday, so that means I've got Touch Football tonight. I really can't be stuffed to be honest, have felt like I've been falling asleep half the day. Not a good look to do that thing where you are sitting down, and your head starts doing the tilt forward, you then realise you are falling asleep, and snap your head back. I'm awake, I'm awake!!
Anyways, I've been playing touch football for a little over a year, not the best player, not the worst player (although closer to that side of the scale I must admit). What makes it harder is that I play on a guys team. That's right, I am the only girl on the field! Am I nuts, you say? Well, it's touch football, not tackle, so I'm not likely to get hurt. Also, I would love to play on a mixed team, but can't find enough other girls to play. It's a good way to get some exercise, those guys can certainly run and they tend to run at me when I'm in defense, they see me as a soft target. Which I am if I'm on the wing, but in the middle I can hold my own.
I play with hubby b, and some other friends of mine. We have fun, mostly get beaten, fun all the same. It is a thrill when I do make a good play, and I see the look in the other guy's face (oh, she can play?) .... hehehehe
So, I'll end up playing tonight, and will feel good that that I did, better than sitting on my bum at home watching tele!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Aack! We lost 14 - 0 last night, not one of our better games. :(

6:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home