Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Holy Moly

You know work is too quiet when people feel the need to have an argument about evolution versus creation. *sigh* People get so passionate about it, like the louder the volume they talk, the more people are going to change their minds. I think not.
For the record, I am on the evolution side, and am an atheist. This does NOT mean that I think that people who believe in God or creation are bad (although churches like Hillsong and their ilk give me the irrits, too much money for their own good, they buy things like Ice rinks... this is related to religion how?) I am quite happy for everyone to have their own beliefs, as long as they don't try to shove it down my throat, and I will do the same. I have many good friends and relatives with beliefs all along the spectrum, and we are quite happy to get along.

These were some of the arguments that my colleagues came up with:

"No one has actually seen evolution happen, so it can't be true"
... so, seen God lately?... anyone..anyone?
"If Evolution is true, why has it stopped?"
... HUH? I didn't get the email about that, I would have thought one would have been sent around to let us know!

And that is the only blog you will see from me in regards to this subject. As I said above, I have no intention to inflict my opinion on anyone

2 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Heh. Loved both of those examples.
This is what gets Christians a bad name. (Although I agree with you about churches and $$ being a bad mix)

I posted on this a few weeks back here, over at my blog, if you're interested, including examples of ongoing and measured evolution.

7:35 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks for that, great blog by you by the way, very articulate. For the life of me yesterday I couldn't drag up my memories of examples of evolution, eg the white moths, great example.
Although the people here who are avidly pro creation, would probably just say that the moths just turned black as part of God's great plan!

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home